I am learning to to…
- describe the purpose of familiar products, and how they meet the needs of users.
- identify how common digital systems (library) are used to meet specific purposes.
I will be successful when I…
- explore needs or opportunities for designing,
- recognise the purpose of a [digital] system
To learn this I will…
- design a shelf marker that is unique and identifiable.
- Use the shelf marker to correctly reshelve books
- Notice the books on the library shelves are stored in ABC order by the first letter of the author’s surname.
- Discuss why this is so.
- Discuss the purpose of a shelf marker and how to use it.
Investigate ways to create a unique design so that you will recognise your shelf marker from all angles when it is on a shelf.
Materials: pencils, coloured paper, scissors, paste
Create your design on your shelf marker.
Play the Shelver Game to help you learn how to shelve the books without a shell marker.