I am learning to…
- describe the purpose a product and how it meets a need,
- create a design,
- rate ideas and designs according to what I think of them.
I will be successful when I…
- find occasions to design,
- think about the effect of my design and how I made it,
- make my design safely.
To learn this I will…
- talk about the purpose of wrapping paper,
- look at the design features of wrapping paper,
- design a pattern for wrapping paper.
- Why do we use wrapping paper?
- Look at wrapping paper designs
- Design your wrapping paper on a small page.
- Make your wrapping paper on an A3 page.
- Use your wrapping paper to wrap up a present.
For the Teacher
Australian Curriculum Design and Technologies
Achievement Standard P-2
Students will learn to…
- describe the purpose of familiar products and how they meet the needs of users.
- create designed solutions
- evaluate their ideas and designed solutions based on personal preferences.
Students will demonstrate their learning when they:
- explore needs or opportunities for designing,
- consider the impact of their decisions and of technologies.
- safely make designed solutions