WALT – We Are Learning To…
show simple patterns in data in different ways.
WILF – What I’m Looking For…
arranging beads that you make from paper in a pattern based on their colours.
- Paper bead template
- cord for threading beads
Making Paper Beads
- Use the paper bead template to print and cut many different coloured strips.
- Students select 3 different colours.
- Roll each strip firmly around a skewer, sliding the bead to ensure it can be removed.
- Use paste to seal the edge. Rub excess paste around the bead to strengthen it.
- Make multiple beads from these 3 colours.
Threading the Beads
Sorting by Colour
We can use colour to make patterns.
- Sort your beads into a pattern using their 3 colours.
- When your pattern works, thread the beads onto the string in this pattern.
- Thread your name tag as well and tie a knot to complete the necklace.
For the Teacher
Data in the digital technologies learning area focuses on the nature and properties of data, how they are collected and presented and how they are presented in particular contexts to produce information.
data interpretation (patterns and contexts).