Prep children will learn to use a computer. They will participate in hands-on activities that will help them develop basic computer skills.
I am learning to…
- know what a computer does,
- solve problems when I use a computer.
I will be successful when I…
- can find my way around a computer,
- use a computer to do my work.
To do this I will…
- log onto the network,
- control a mouse,
- locate and open software,
- use menu items, buttons and links
- enter text and images,
- create images
- create a digital product.
- recognise I own my own work.
Use a mouse
Click each picture to do a jigsaw.
For the Teacher
Australian Curriculum Digital Technologies Years P-2
Students will learn to…
- identify how common digital systems (hardware and software) are used to meet specific purposes.
- design solutions to simple problems using a sequence of steps and decisions.
Students will demonstrate their learning when they…
- recognise and explore digital systems (hardware and software components) for a purpose
- explore how people safely use common information systems to meet information, communication and recreation needs.